1 year old didn't eat anything today and only drank milk!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he/she should be okay. as long as they are drinking and peeing and it doesnt last more than two days they are fine. i had to take my now three year old to the ER because of it and they said he was fine. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• some days we as adults don't have much of an apatite and its no different for children
    Anonymous

• My girl was like that on teething days.

All in all, doc will say as long as their weight gain is good, don't worry about it a day or two like that at at time.

If you want you can sneak some ovaltine or instant breakfast in their milk to get some vitamins in them on those days.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I am sure your baby is fine. My twins have gone through stages like that before. I think its teething. They were picking at their food and throwing most of it on the floor. They werent both doing it at the same time, but coincidentally when this "no eating" phase was over, there would be some new teeth so thats how i made my conclusion. Milk has a ton of vitamins in it, but you could add some extra calories like Mogencreative said. Her suggestions were great too, don't use hersheys syrup, nesquick or any of that other crap though.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 10:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• There are days I wonder how my 16 month old son has enough fuel to supply him with the energy he has. On those days, I substitute one cup of milk with a gerber graduate smart sip just to make sure he gets all the nutrition.
    Just keep offering her food, she will eat when she is hungry. :) I just make sure that on those days I only make the "safe foods"..i.e. the ones I KNOW he loves. That way I know that its not because he doesnt like it.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• he will eat when he is hungry. Also try to get him to eat before you hand over the milk. my son goes on these little hunger stikes too and within a few days he is right back on track. Could he be sick with a sore throat?
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 11:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2009