Are parents that smoke weed bad parents in your eyes?

Like smoking it a little after the kids are in bed to wind down, help them sleep, or whatever their reasons are.

cmb121906

Asked by cmb121906 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. Weed is not like a cigarete, it's a drug that gets you high and when a person is high can do crazy stuff. I think kids are not safe if their parents smoke weed.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 8:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I guess it depends on whether or not they let it effect the rest of their life like keeps them from finding work, spending money on weed instead of bills, smoking while pregnant or bfing, letting their kids see them do it etc.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 8:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• no i dont think there bad parents. i think parents who dont have enough money to give their kids what they WANT & NEED but have money to smoke weed are bad parents, i think parents who smoke weed with their children before the age of 21 when the kid is done with school & established are bad parents, parents who sell it to their children, parents who let their children know they smoke weed when they are still children & not adults, or parents who smoke it in the house. i think they are all bad parents. but if someones kid goes to bed & the parent goes on the porch or whatever & smokes a little bit to go to bed, i dont their bad parents - the only real problem is that weed is illegal so if something ever happened to the child say & the parents had to call 911 & they were high, that might be bad. but the fact that weed is illegal is really the only difference between weed & alcohol but its an important difference.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No, I don't think so. If it doesn't effect their parenting or their day to day lifestyle, who cares
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 8:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Good points Gealach. Oh and to Emmagr, weed is a drug you are correct, but it doesn't make people do crazy things. It makes you relaxed and calm. At least that's what I have have noticied of the people that I know that smoked it. I smoked it back in high school on occasions like 9 years ago and all it did to me was like I mentioned earlier, relaxed & calm.
    cmb121906

Answer by cmb121906 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• No. They may be bad parents for other reasons, but not BECAUSE they smoke weed. If that were the case, I'd think that anyone who drank alcohol was a bad parent.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Let me add...if it incapacitates the parent, that can make them a bad parent. While I don't smoke it anymore, I used to (before my son) and I was totally capable of functioning just a if i wasn't smoking it. I think it really depends on the person.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• When they get caught I'm sure the judge is going to understand that they are good parents, and were just winding down for the evening,lolol... I think it's very risky to do this just to relax.. A glass of wine and a nice bubble bath does the trick, and it's legal.. Might want to try that instead.. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't think so. Weed does not make you crazy...you may not be able to do long division in you head for an hour, but its no different than 2 glasses of wine. You can get far more wasted on alcohol.
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on their lifestyle in general. If they are hard working people, take part in community events, are wonderful parents and in general stay out of trouble, a joint at the end of the day isnt a bad thing, especially if only on occasion. But not if they leave their bowl out in the open or leave open baggies with seeds all over the table, are VERY open about their drug use or smoke in front of their kids or others. if they are secretive about it, I wont judge them
    Anonymous