should and can you ask your husband to change something he has done for years?

he has always had a rate my body account and similar accounts. I think it is just recreational. you rate peoples bodies as hot or whatever. I just always wonder what if it becomes more.. they send you matches every so often.. he has had the account for several years. how do i bring this up? should i even care? or just leave it alone and hope it never becomes more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's innappropriate to be in a relationship and have a superficial "Rate Me" account. It's fine if you're single and it can be totally harmless either way, but in a relationship those kinds of things need to be cut off. He shouldn't be showing himself off to other women and asking them to "Rate Him". To me that's like he's still out there searching for the next best thing. He may not actually be unfaithful, but I believe that is close enough for me to not be comfortable with it.

Don't ignore your feelings or try and reason them away. Let him know how you feel. Ultimately it is up to him what he does, but don't let it go ignored. You have every right to feel the way you do. Sure, he may not agree, but it's important to be open and honest with him about the way you feel. If you keep it bottled up it'll just eat away at you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Do you think he's flirting with other women on these accounts? If not, leave it alone
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 8:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• yeah i would probably make my SO delete that for sure.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Why does he even need it anymore if he has you. He needs to get rid of it or let him know you are going to get one of your own. It would open the discussion. If he doesn't want you to get one, a red flag would go up for me that maybe he's having other contact. He wouldn't want to share you with anyone else.
    Anonymous

• If you were ok with it this long I doubt if he gets rid of it. He will probably tell you he does then open another acct you don't know about. Some men are like that, they say what they think wife wants to hear and then sets up another acct and gets on with life.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Sounds like a weirdo to me- I have never heard of a guy doing that!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• my husband has one still i think, not sure if he looks at it anymore... but our relationship is secure enough for me to feel fine with him looking at it if he wants.... he had it before I met him and it's not really an issue with us.

It all depends on your feelings and how secure you feel.

If it makes you uncomfortable then talk to him about it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't think it's anything to worry about really. I mean honestly, if it is something more than that he isn't going to admit it to you anyway and you'll just drive yourself crazy worrying about it. Men are visual creatures. They like to look and I don't see anything wrong with that as long as it goes no further. He should already know the boundaries in your relationship. I would just leave it alone b/c it's sure to cause an argument that I don't think will make you feel better in the end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2009