Baby thats not eating formula but will eat babyfood?

I have a 5month old baby that is refusing to eat his formula he will eat babyfood off of a spoon most of the time but not all the time has this ever happened to anyone please help me im losing my mind.

BarbarE

Asked by BarbarE at 8:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• See your doctor-I have never heard of that and don't know what to tell you. What I would do until then is put a little rice cereal in with his formula. My sons both loved it. Make the hole in the nipple just a little bigger too-so he gets his food faster and it doesn't get clogged. good luck!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Babies should NOT be fed baby food until they are 6 months old. Formula and breast milk are suppose to be their main food until they are a year old, it's where they get the most nutrients, baby food is just meant to supplement their diet with a few extra vitamins and minerals . It is VERY important for you to talk to your pediatrician soon.
    Anonymous

• formula and or breast milk needs to be the main source of nutrients in a baby that young.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Ditch the cereal. Sounds like he filling up on cereal over the formula. He will get hungry enough, very quickly, and will take the formula. Reintroduce the solids more toward 6 mos. or preferably later...you could even skip cereal and go right to avocado, banana, etc.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 9:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• You should be offering a bottle before every solid feeding. Maybe that's the problem? Are you feeding solids without first giving a bottle?

Can you give us more information about your babies eating schedule?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Talk to the doctor because the baby should still be getting most of the nutrition from the formula or breastmilk. It has proteins and vitamins that they need.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I do give my 6 month old food and started him on it when he was 5 months old so I don't see a problem with feeding him but you should back off the food until he takes the bottle again. Talk to the doctor pronto
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2009