what would u do

I am pregnant and I wnt my mom to go to my appt with me but my boyfriend wants his mom to go I hate her and she hates me the only reason she talks to me is because I'm preg and I made it very clear she will not keep ny baby now she's trying to butt into everything n she's just Not. How di I break it to him that she is not going we have been fighting the whole week and she doesn't even like me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Make the appt and don't tell him when it is then take your mom.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Taking your BF's mom (not even your MIL) to your OB appointment is just weird. You two are having a baby together. Just simply be a grown up and tell him how you feel. Tell him how personal an OB/Gyn visit is (get detailed) and tell him you do not feel comfortable with his mother there.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• she has no business being at a pregnancy ob visit with you. you dont even have to allow her into the birthing room when you give birth to the baby if you don't want her there. tell bf she ain't coming and if he doesn't like it oh well.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• How pregnant are you? I asked because maybe she wants to go because she doesn't believe you are pregnant? Maybe she has a question in her mind if the dates match up. Some women are like that.
    Me... I'd put my foot down on this one and say no way am I going to take her in there with me. They sometimes do pelvic exams, and if there's any discussions on if sex is painful, uncomfortable or things of that nature then no, I'd not feel comfortable with anyone in there but my SO or maybe I would've my Mom, but not his even if I did like her.
    Stand your ground on this one if it's that important to you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• OP I'm 16 weeks and she just jealous of my mom seeing the baby and her not she doesn't even care about me I just cald her n told her feel free to come but all ur guna do is sit n the waitng room she got mad and hung up I said owell don't bother me
    Anonymous

• Yeah my MIL used to drive me to my appts but she always waited in the waiting room. I dont like anyone, not even my mom, but my hubby seeing my business down there. When my twins were born, my MIL was the first to hold them after my hubby and it bothered me so bad. I hadn't even got to hold them yet because I had a c section. She claimed that she had to get home soon. I would stand your ground and tell her how you really feel no matter what she or your SO think.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 10:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Totally stand your ground, I hate my MIL and I'm not giving an inch anymore. A good man will choose the woman he wants to spend his life with over his mother. I was having a hell of a time the last time MIL was here and my husband kicked her out, he chose me when he married me and they just have to deal.
    Anonymous

• If you don't stand up to her now you'll have a long battle ahead......You need to lay down the law early on. If you SO doesn't like it, too bad. He'll get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2009