Shingles Need Help please

Has anyone ever had them and can anyone give me a little more info on what to expect. Never knew these little things could hurt so bad! Even the pain meds are not helping much.

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Health

• I have shingles right now, started last week, its so painful, unbelievable how bad it is, the pain makes my ribs feel broken and it hurts to breathe almost :( Im on valtrex and vicodin for it, I hope it gets better soon for me and you :)
    harteri

Answer by harteri at 9:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• www.webmd.com

Answer by louise2 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I have had shingles in my face. OW OW OW....

mine comes in suddenly and then leaves just as fast.

I seem to have blocked out those memories...lol or I could tell you more. it hurts like a bugger, and i'm a raving bitch when it happens. lol

I do have a cold compress that I use on my eye and side of the face - use that for a few minutes and then switch to a warm compress. seems to help with some of the discomfort.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Here's a good website to read about it... Hope you're feeling better soon!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/shingles/DS00098
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I feel so sad for you. I get shingles when I am stressed so I have had them about 5 times over the last 2 years. I have not had the pain that you explain but they have really itched. I just deal with them.
    Anonymous

• Thanks guys !!! Man to all who have had them or have them now!!! WOW THIS SUCKS !!!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 8:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2009