Need bearded dragon help

I have decided to get dh a bearded dragon for his bday and can only find very vague info about these reptiles. Can someone please help me understand what I need to know before purchasing one of them? Thanks.

nowaygourmet

Asked by nowaygourmet at 9:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pets

• i had 2 babies years ago and they were awesome, very social and sit quietly on your finger sometimes. i don't remember much about them, just that they eat live crickets. go to petco and they will tell you everything you need to know.
    Anonymous

• I have two of them right now...a male and a female. Just like the pp said, they eat live crickets, and also leafy greens. Make sure you get good heat lights for them because they have to be warm all the time. And get a red light for the night time. They like to have a rock in the tank too, so they can sun themselves.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• There is a book on how to care for bearded dragons, you can get it at pet stores. I will say please get a cage that is big enough. 9 times out of 10 reptiles are put in cages that may seem big to you but are way too small. They need lots of room, a basking light for starters. Good luck, they are great pets if cared for properly.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009