benwa balls?

Do benwa balls strengthen pelvic floor muscles? If not, are there any other ways besides kegals?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think that benwa balls are meant to be put in your butt. Not your vagina. Kegals are the only way that I know to strengthen the vaginal walls.
    Anonymous

• Anon 10:14 is correct. They go in your anus. I've never heard of the use you suggest. Kegels are the only way I know of to strengthen your pelvic floor.
    Anonymous

• Here's an interesting article. Check this out. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0675/is_4_19/ai_76693631/

DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I've NEVER heard of the Benwa balls being used anally. In fact, the directions that came with mine specifically said NOT to use them anally. "Insert balls into your vagina and hold there for as long as you can. Remove them after you feel you can no longer hold them and clean well. Repeat this as often as is feasible for your daily routine. Once you have been doing this for several weeks, attempt to use your vaginal muscles to push the balls out after you have held them for the time limit you set. This should greatly improve your muscle strength. DO NOT USE ANALLY, as they could become lodged inside and impede your natural rhythm or bowel movements." (Quote of what the directions said for my Benwa balls.)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Yeah, Ive never heard of them being used anally. Thats what anal beads are for! Now what was the question...? Oh yeah! They do work. Its just not as convenient as kegels that can be done anytime anywhere.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2009