Do babies need their diapers changed more than twice a day?

She says her baby dosent pee a lot. So she only gose thrugh two diapers a day. Also i notice her baby has a rash around the jenitals. Saggy diapers a lot too. I babysit meny weekends, but never durig the week so i worried about the kid health during the week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unbelieveable question. Honestly. If you notice that the baby has saggy diapers but you are only babysitting on the weekends, is the baby in YOUR care when the diaper is sagging? Then change it!

I honestly hope you're not making this up to be funny, because child abuse is not amusing.
    clairandamjones

Answer by clairandamjones at 1:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Of course babies need their diapers changed more than twice a day! Otherwise there probably wouldn't be a rash!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, they need to be changed more than twice a day. And if they DON'T need to be changed more than that, then there is a problem.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Is she doing that to save money, or because she cannot afford diapers? I change my son 6-8 times a day, and he will be 18mo old.

That is disgusting... and unhealthy for that poor child.

ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 9:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• if the baby is not wetting at least six diapers, per day, then the baby is not receiving enough fluids. The rash around the genitals and saggy diapers is a sighn that the mother is lazy and does not want to change them. I know that diapers are expensive, but DAM, it's not the baby's fault. I found that some major grocerey stores offer diapers in large quantities for a reasonable price. they might not be "name brand" but they can be just as good.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 9:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• If you believe that this is of major concern, then you should report the mother to Child Protective Services. I understand that she might be a close friend, or relative. Talk to her first, if her behavior does not improve, make the call.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Eeew! I cant lie there are time I dnt feel like changing her but I do! lol If she is that cheap she should use the cloth ones. But then again she may never wash them! Sounds like neglect to me.... Who's with me?
    Anonymous

• if the baby isn't fussy, they're fine. Most diapers are absorbent.
    Anonymous

• yuk, that's just wrong. I'd b calling cps
    Anonymous

• OMG. The diaper should be changed at least every 2 hours!
    Anonymous