20.00 gift ...any ideals?

ok ladies, any ideals for a $ 20.00 gift for a woman? What is something besides clothes or perfume/bathsets? I need to buy one for christmas but wont know who will get it until we draw numbers.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 10:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Gift card for a pedicure, a nice bottle of wine, a gift card to target, etc., a beautiful book, slippers, socks, a beautiful scarf?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Scarf, gloves, candles, gift card?
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 10:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Chocolate, 2010 day planner, lottery tickets, candles, a few nice bath towels, magazines/subscription, bottle of wine, a gift basket with popcorn, candy, a few bottles of soda and a movie, movie gift card, or a board game, a few margarita glasses and a margarita mix, movie theater gift certificate, a gift card for a pedicure or manicure, gift card for paint your own pottery place.........phew, I'm out for now lol. Good luck! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Since you haven't picked yet, what you should do is listen very careful to all the women. Listen to them talk about their hobbies, or what they wish they could do..Then find a present based on that. Then your gift will be truly meaningful instead of just 'here I was supposed to get you a present'

For example, my best friend would always talk about how her mom and dad never got her a Ken doll for her Barbie and that she only had an Aladdin doll. So for her 17th birthday, I got her a Ken and Steve doll. Her eyes got so big and she laughed for about 30 minutes. She loved it because I listened and didn't just get her more bath lotions or some candy.

Please-No gift card...that just screams I didn't have time to put any thought into you.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I'm a food kinda girl...I would go to the local Peases, or Dell's popcorn (my two favs in Illinois) and make a cute cute basket or stalking! :) I love lotto tickets too!
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 10:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Seriously...a gift card. I know it's so impersonal, but almost everyone loves them, lol. It's fun to have a gift card to go shopping with. It feels like free shopping, bc it was given to you, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Please-No gift card...that just screams I didn't have time to put any thought into you.

so not true. i love gift cards. when i got pregnant with my son, i got gift cards and was able to buy the things that i wanted to give him and at one point i couldnt breast feed and i had to buy formula, didnt get paid for another 4 days, so i used the gift card and bought formula.
    Anonymous

• I would so love a gift card anyday over perfume, lotion, calender, day planner, mug, towels etc....To me those scream generic gift that is for anyone. A gift card to recipients favorite store or restaurant says you know something about the person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• How about a hair dryer? I always ask for one for Christmas (even if mine is working) because I know there will be that one day when it goes out at the most inappropriate time and this way I always know I have a backup!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• A mug with tea, an infuser and honey

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2009