I just keep bleeding...may be TMI

Okay, I have two kids. A two year old and a 6 month old. After I had my first, I got the mirena put in...I had absolutely no problems. I got it taken out to get pregnant with my second. I got my mirena put in again in August this year...I bled for over a month straight which my OB/GYN said was normal. Then I would get my period...it would last for at least 7 days if not more, then it would go away for 3-4 days and come back. This has been going on since september. Yesterday I got my period. This is how I found out...I bent down to pick up my son, and I felt a gush. Sure enough I had blood running down both of my legs. My periods have always been very light, and very short. And I never would get cramps. These cramps are almost unbareable. I don't know what is going on. Anybody got any ideas?

michellelee3708

Asked by michellelee3708 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Health

• I don't know but I got way heavier periods after my second child was born, to the point of the gush you speak of and clots and like I felt I couldn't leave the house. For me, it was just how my body went after kids. I was later diagnosed with endometriosis (all that bleeding) but caught it in time after complaining about general pain and bloating in my abdoment for about six months. So, it could be anything with you but I'd change birth control and see if that doesn't help and then go from there. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Your body is rejecting the IUD. After all, they do not even know how the Mirena works. My IUD was causing me cramps and endless bleeding. Got an ultrasound & it moved to the muscle. They took it out. I felt soooo much better after.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:02 AM on Dec. 10, 2009