my 4 year old...pee dance

Why is my 4 year old who is completely potty trained since he was 2, now peeing on himself and dancing around when he needs to go pee and when we tell him to go he says he dont want to or he cant walk in there? When we ask him what his problem is he tells us he just like to dance around. I think he is just being lazy!

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 10:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son is a little bit younger than your son, and he's doing the same thing. I think they are just SO busy and have "important" things to do...much more important than taking time out to go to the bathroom! LOL. Hopefully this too shall pass for both of them!
    Anonymous

• Yep, I'd say just being lazy or just trying a new thing out (so what happens if I don't go to the potty again? I've been trained so long I forget!)
    When you see him doing the pee-pee dance, tell him firmly, "I can see you need to go potty. Let's go" (no option). I guess there's a chance he has some new fears, so you could walk there with him if necessary for awhile. GL
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2009