How much sperm does it take to get pregnant?

The other day my hubby and I fooled around,I told him not to ejaculate,he says he didn't but now my period is late,worried if I'm prego!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, first of all how long ago was the other day??
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• It only takes one little swimmer to get pregnant.. Also you can still get pregnant even if he doesn't climax inside you at the end, he does produce pre cum that comes out in small amounts during sex..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Did you know that "pre cum" is more potent than what comes out when he climaxes? Yep.
    Anonymous

• Anon 59: I didn't know that thanks. See you really do learn something new every day :)
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• It does take a bunch of sperm as they all work to break down the egg until one can get inside to fertilize the egg. pre cum does indeed have sperm in it too.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• just one and yes semen can be present without a ejaculation. Some men leak it before.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Just one. And yes, you can certainly be pregnant. You may want to pick up a book at the library on human reproduction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• "Did you know that "pre cum" is more potent than what comes out when he climaxes?"Actually you are wrong.

A study in Boston, Massachusetts, and another study in New York City. Found that most pre ejaculate samples did not contain any sperm and those that did had only small clumps of a very small amount of sperm which seemed to be immobile. A larger study is needed to verify these results. If these results are confirmed, they may dispel the myth that pre ejaculate fluid contains sperm. An ongoing WHO/USAID study shows that the pregnancy rate caused by men with 3 million sperm/ml/ejaculation is very low; fertility clinics consider men with a sperm count of no more than 5 million/ml to be infertile, particularly if is there is low motility.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2009