When did you really know that it was over between you and your ex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• When he started being mentally abusive to my oldest son.. Which wasn't his bio-son. I knew I had to end it.
    Anonymous

• when his new g/f got into the truck with us....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• When he told me he wished I was dying so that he wouldn't have to deploy.
    Anonymous

• When i told him that I would not be spending that night at his apartment and surprised him. Guess who recieved the surprise..
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Well it been a year and i still havent got over my ex husband Im just wishing maybe he comes bck to me, but I thinking like fairy tail
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Wow. MIne's sooooooooooooo much less dramatic than theirs...

My ex-husband and I divorced when we both really came to terms with the fact that we were staying together out of habit and a desire to not hurt each other's feelings rather than staying together because we loved, wanted and needed one another. It was habit. We spent no time together, didn't have sex and we weren't coming out ahead financially. There was no reason to continue building hurt and bad feelings instead of letting go to what we had hoped for and living with what we had and maybe even dreaming about what we could potentially have without each other.

Of course, my ex is a really, really nice guy. For someone else. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• For me it is still ending. Emotionally we are through. Last straw was the other day when he called me a cunt. After everything I do, for him, and for our daughter (while he plays video games and sleeps) to be called that word..That's it. You will know when things are coming to an end. And then there will be the straw that breaks the camel's back....
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 11:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• when he decided that he would rather leave the state and go see his gf in another state then to stay with me after surgery. Also being called a F'in B*&%^ every time i turned around didn't help.. I can't wait to hear one of my children say that his now gf told him to get lost since he doesn't know how to talk to women without demeaning them.
    Princess22008

Answer by Princess22008 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I have never had it be over permanately over because my fiance got his ass in gear when I offically called it quits. And what did it for me was he took his class ring from me and gave it to some girl he knew about 2 days...at the time I had been with him 3 years and was the mother of his child! Because I was willing to forgive and forget about him cheating, but when I found her myspace and her default picture was his ring on a chain around her neck. I knew it was over..

but he somehow changed (shocking) and I mean changed everything how he talked to me, how he touched me, how he was with our daughter. I mean his whole personality changed..he got outta high school and became a man. its been 2 years almost since this occurence

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I have had a lot of people ask me this b/c when I divorced my ex I just did it and never looked back, after 10 yrs together. When people ask me, "When did you know it was over?" my answer is..When you know it's over..you don't have to question it anymore because you just know. You know that you can't take one more moment with that person. It's like a light bulb moment. A moment of clarity. A moment of relief. The day he pulled out of the driveway and I knew it was for good I went inside and jumped around in happiness. I felt free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2009