Did anyone give their baby rice cereal before four months?

Did it cause them any problems? How did they like it?

If you didn't, please move on to another question, I'm only directing this at moms who did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, my son was getting cereal off a spoon at about 2 weeks old. He was eating 10 oz of formula every 2 hours and the doc said to do so. My son had NO problems and is now a healthy, happy, intelligent 13 year old. It all depends on the child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes and it made her extremely constipated. I honestly believe it was the reason why I had to switch her to a gentler formula. I truly regret it. She has a whole mess of digestive issues right now.
    Anonymous

• I didn't...but a friend of mine did. Well. Her daughter was not even two months old...and they gave her rice cereal to try and get her to stay full longer....she just started eating more and more...and the cereal that her body wasn't ready for caused digestion problems, and she is over weight now. I'm not bashing...it's just my opinion that you shouldn't give babies under 4 months cereal. Their bodies are not ready for it.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• we were told to do the rice cereal in the bottle thing when my son was around 2 months, he didn't sleep any better and he ended up allergic to rice for a number of years, he is finally able to have it from time to time now without any issues
    Anonymous

• i gave it to my daugter at about 2 months maybee a little younger, she didnt have any problems with it and still dosnt...theres no food allergies in the family whatsoever, on either side, it didnt help her sleep at night, she slept the same whether we gave it to her or not.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes at 2 1/2 months and no problem at all. He is 6 months old now and still has it in his last bottle.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes I gave it to all my children when they were 2 months or less and none of them had any problems for it
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 11:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I gave it to my son starting around 2 months and it didn't make him sleep longer and he had no problems with it....just start out with a little and then add a little more every couple of days...if the baby gets constipated then give him a little bit of apple juice that is really watered down.
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes. My daughter threw up most of everything she ate, so her doc had us start putting rice in her formula around 8 weeks old, and it helped her keep her food down much better. She loved it, and we didn't have any problems with it.
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 11:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Yes, but my little ones couldn't eat rice without getting constipated. My oldest still has issues and she's 3! We switched to the baby oatmeal and they did fine.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009