Is it ectopic, should i worry? are the dates probably wrong or do you think it is something more serious?Any thoughts? Comments..Can anyone relate?

went to first u/s small&hard2 see. she said it could be 1 of2 things but pretty sure means wrong abt dates &am only 5wks 6days.last min able to see yolk sac and clear heartbeat. cool.measured 87bpm. isnt kinda low? said ya but its early itsgood we can see the hb at all. she was goin2 send me 2dr in case it was ectopic but she thought more likely2 be wrong dates. I hope so! i had strange cramping burning like on sides of low abdomen-more@ night& when i lie on my side.. not severe. also i been dizzy&lightheaded.i dunno if this is cuz of pg but is symptom of an ectopic pregnancy. so is pain and bleeding. ive only spotted once 2 wks ago but only brown and pink in color but nvr came back.. the nurse said not to worry that was in uterus after she mentioned check posibility of ectopic &but dont worry, but i dunno if it is or not?how can u tell by u/s if its in uterus and rule out ectopic if some symptoms match? does any1 know??

xxxnataliexxx

Asked by xxxnataliexxx at 11:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If I'm understanding your post correctly, it was rather hard to understand.....

If they did an ultra sound and saw something baby related, it should not be ectopic. Ectopic pregnancy is in your fallopian tubes not in utero. My ectopic pregnancy was confirmed when a blood test said I was pregnant but both a normal ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound could not detect a fetus or amniotic sac.
    Anonymous

• If they have already done an ultrasound they should be able to tell right away whether it was ectopic or not.
    Anonymous

• If they saw a pregnancy in the uterus, the pregnancy is in the uterus. It's very normal to have stretching pains in your abdomen during pregnancy, and to feel lightheaded. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2009