Would you rather drive 13 hours or pay the extra money for a flight?

Realistically speaking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Drive. I don't like what they put you through at the airport. If I want to be fondled, I have a husband.
    Anonymous

• I would rather drive. Road trips are the best! I absolutely love the freedom of the open road. Plus, when you get to your destination after flying, you have to rely on other people to drive you around. Unless you rent a car, which costs even more money. You'll ultimately save a ton of money if you drive yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Drive. I hate flying (I find it claustrophobic and not because of the small space...I don't like crowds). And that's from an airline family. My husband works for Southwest Airlines so we fly free wherever they go. I still refuse to fly unless I have to and I would rather drive 2 days straight then get on a plane with my 4 kids, lol. At least when you drive you can pull over when they start to drive you batty and let them run off some energy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Drive, and we do it at least once a year, usually 2 or 3 times if DH can get leave. Flights are expensive, I hate the thought of getting stuck somewhere with no control (delays, grounded flights, missed connections), and a rental car upon arrival is expensive and a hassle. Plus, on a road trip, you get to see so many things! Although by the time we get back home, dh and I are barely speaking to each other...always ends in a fight, lol.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• We are driving 14 hours next week. Its not a bad drive. So we dont mind.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• The air on a plane is recirculated. If one person has a cold or FLU- like SWINE FLU the vast majority will be infected by the time they get off a flight over 3 hours. Your flight won't be over the time limit but why risk it. Drive and stay healthy, and don't put up with the delays, and the rude security people.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Drive, Its funner.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• For one or two people--fly. Any more and it's more economical to drive. Driving is a hassle, it's long, the roads are crowded, you have to budget in time for potty breaks and food breaks and stretching the legs breaks and nursing the baby breaks and I CAN'T SIT IN THIS CAR ANY LONGER breaks. But it'll save money. Get a good book or two on tape/CD and pop it in. We've found that Agatha Christie and Elizabeth Peters mysteries are involving enough and clean enough for family consumption.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I don't mind flying, but I would rather drive. When I was a kid, we drove on all our vacations. One summer we drove from one coast to the other - from Maryland to Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oregon, back to Mississippi. There is so much more to see when you drive. Plus you can stop whenever you or the kids get restless.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• We drive, its cheaper. Two or three times a year we make the 16 hour (each way) trip to see the in-laws, occasionaly I even go without DH.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2009