What are you getting your child/children's teacher for Christmas?

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 11:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter's teacher is pretty awesome, so we will get her a gift cert. for a store we know she likes. My son's teachers (pre-K) just want money. They even told us that at the beginning of the year. SOOoooooo, she gets a card.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• nothing, i hate them all. Lol, seriously her teachers are all corrupted.
    Anonymous

• probably just a candle and a box of chocolates, or cookies or something..and a card..nothing to exciting
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Nothing.. Hard enough to afford to buy my own kids stuff for Christmas.
    Anonymous

• The teachers are adults they can buy their own
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 11:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I went to the General Dollar Store and there were Christmas cards in the Christmas aisle. They cost a buck and had a CD in them. The card with a nutcracker on the cover had a cd of the nutcracker ballet. I thought that was pretty cool. For the busdriver she will get something a little different. Some of the best country ham is produced in Mount Juliet, Tennessee. I used to live there and stopped by, and came upon a gold mine. They get Grand Ham at the Tennessee State Fair. I mail ordered a country ham, sliced, and vacumed packed in slices. They mailed it to me here in Texas. They were also featured on Martha Stewart but I knew them waaaay before and knew they were good. It takes a ham a whole year for them to work their magic. So the bus driver gets a fresh baked loaf of bread, some green,blue, and brown eggs and some slices of country ham from RICE and SONS from Mount Juliet, Tennessee.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• last year, i let him choose..my then-3 1/2yo ds chose a snowglobe. the year before, i got his teacher a brownie mix/xmas-potholder gift set...both were less than $10. idk what this teacher will get...maybe i'll let him pick again. :))
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• wow..seekerofshells..can i drive his bus next year!!! that's awesome!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Hey thehairnazi it's not that hard. I have a bread machine, chickens, yes they are free range, ask the neighbors when the rooster gets on their porch and crows in the morning!!!! Country ham is in the freezer. No prob.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• I am my son's teacher. As for my daughter's she is in high school too many to buy for. When my son was in elementary school I just bought a 10.00 giftcard to Starbucks for his teacher, asst teacher, therapist and principal ( they were the best! )Then they all received an arranged bouquet of a dozen roses at the end of the year. ( I was a florist ) I bought his music teacher a gift after their main concert and the gym teacher a gift for field day. It spread it out a bit. When my daughter was in choir I bought her instructors corsages and boutonnieres for every performance in lieu of a holiday gift.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 11:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2009