What we ate got us into trouble with God?

"Eating in a way displeasing to God got us into this mess in the first place (our first parents). "

I got this as a response to an earlier question of mine earlier. Is this a common christian teaching? Cause I never thought it was the food I thought it was about the actions.

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It was the act of disobedience... God told them not to eat of the fruit of a particular tree... but because they disobeyed is what caused the fall.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i never thought of it like that..but i'd have to disagree. the disobedience is what pissed God off..in the beginning..so to speak. it could've been anything they ate or touched or drank or sat on..the 'fact' is that God told them not to do one thing, and they did. it was their action of disobedience.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• So it wasn't the fruit that was bad it was the act ok thank you for helping. The woman who posted this response was responding to my question of the food laws of God.

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• ive never heard that before. i was taught that they disobeyed God, simple as that. yes, it involved eating of a forbidden food, but it was the disobedience & lying that angered God.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• Oh I remember that answer it was Lexylex who said that. Yeah but she might not have meant it that way. Maybe she was just trying to "prove" to you her understanding of the teaching of God's food laws.
    Anonymous

• Lexylex...now why would you believe anything that she says???

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Why wouldn't you?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2009