I didn't mean that I'm the most important person in this house but I would like to know that since i do everything for everybody I should and deserve something just for mommy because you care about me and just don't see me as nothing special but the person who is suppose to make you happy,get my drift or understand me now?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 11:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• wtf? are you smoking crack or what? are you trying to say you want to spend money on a gift for yourself ..go ahead, do it. you can choose to add happiness to other people's lives (your family)..but you shouldn't expect anyone else to do the same. you can not control what anyone else does. make yourself happy. let go of things for them..see if they miss it, and start to appreciate you more.
    if i'm not getting it, its because your post isn't really making sense, but i tried.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• What the hell? I understand nothing of this post. Try using punctuation. Everything just runs together. I bet this is the same person who was whining about all the meanies on here! Lol
    Anonymous

• I must've missed something??
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• you sound frustrated. as if your family, prob. dh is taking you for granted. i understood your first question as well.
    Anonymous

• We don't parent for presents

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• For once, I Agree with rkoloms. And I do mean for once.

And yes, please--divide your statements into individual sentences. This run-on is almost impossible to decipher.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• So basically you want someone to give you a material gift to show that you're important to them?
    Try getting your family to do their part. You're asking for material items because you do everything, when you should be asking for them to do something. You're not looking to feel important, you're looking for people to spoil you. Buy yourself something if that's what it takes to make you feel special. Honestly though, you need to make your family do their part in the household and stop expecting people to buy you something to make you feel important.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Ontop of that, superficial importance is going to last for a day tops. They'll forget about it and you'll go back to feeling the same way you did before. If you want actual respect and to feel valued in your household, then you need to get your family to do their part. Every child should have chores to do, and your SO needs to do his part as a parent and a husband. If you want someone/anyone to feel you matter, demanding it isn't the way to go about it. You're just going to get ignored.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2009