formula

I don't want this to turn into a debate...no judgement from me!!

We all know that breast is best. Why, in America are we so inclined to use formula instead of breastmilk? Do you think that any of our health problems are a result of

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• You don't want this to turn into a debate? You're starting it like a debate. Drama Queen
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2009

• This is going to turn into a bashing match, anything involving BF vs FF does. In my family FF was done so the dad and grandparents could enjoy feeding the child and so poor mom could get a break now and then. FF has been done for a few generations so it didn't seem abnormal to me. Just like many families have always BF so its whats normal for them
    Anonymous

• I'm not starting as a debate...I really want to know what people think! I am not concerned with whether you BF or FF, but whether you think this could contribute to the health problems of America. I'm not a drama queen...just curious as to what other moms think.
    Anonymous

• No I don't think it contributes to the health problems of America, I think the crap that is so often eaten in later years is what causes it and a lack of exercise. We are not the most obese country because children are FF its because we're eating too much fast food and have to have huge portions anytime we eat and then later sit around and do nothing
    Anonymous

• I thnk that there are several factors; the biggest ones are the pressures from the formula industry, the porn industry and the media. Mothers tend to pass their negative feelings about breasts on to their children.

I once saw a great button: I make milk. What is your Superpower

Answer by rkoloms at 5:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2009