Can a faint plus on a pregnancy test mean I am pregnant?

I am taking antibiotics and my period was due 8 days ago on dec.1; I wasn't on antibiotics when i thought I concieved. I took two pregnancy tests, one was negative but the other had a plus (pregnant) but it was so light I thought I was seeing things. I asked my sister and she says its a plus for pregnant. Could I be pregnant???!!! I have lower back cramps and lower abdomenal cramps but not like the cramps I get before my period, these are different. Any advice would be great!! THANKS!!

mommie611

Asked by mommie611 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think a plus is a plus, no matter how faint. Try again with another test when you first pee in the morning. That's the best time to get an accurate read.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I would just give in and buy the 20 dollar test that way there isn't any second guessing.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• This happened to me and i was pregnant. I called the 800# on the back and they told me even the faintest line usually means one is pregnant, but there is always different circumstances.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• no test is better than any other one... its the human error that causes the false negatives... false positives are rare... usually if its faint its still a positive.... go to doc or planned parenthood and get tested... although my friend got 3 false positives from a pee test!!
    Kennedysmommy13

Answer by Kennedysmommy13 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Yes. The line can be faint or dark depending on the pregnacy hormone in your body.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

With my first daughter I got over 20 false negatives and was three months pregnant before the test read positive.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• sometimes if you're early in the pregnancy, the hcg level in your urine is still low causing the light positive. check in the morning, your 1st morning urine is concentrated because some people dont pee in the middle of the night and arent drinking anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Thank you everyone!!! I think I am going to get a blood test. Just to be sure. I hate waiting!! hehe I want to know =D
    mommie611

Answer by mommie611 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It doesn't matter how much you spend on a test! They all detect hormone the same! Sometimes if you drink too much fluids it can water down the result. You are more than likely pregnant. All mine were like that. Call the company if you aren't sure,but I'll bet you are!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• They do not all dectect the same. It matters how many parts per million they are designed to pick up. Generally speaking, First Response and Answer are 20PPM tests (and any others that say the pick up 5 days sooner). The rest are usually 40PPM. For those of you who are actively TTC and may require progesterone supplimentation, I recommend getting online and buying 10PPM. They will pick up extremely early - sometimes even before implantation occurs from just the hcg that the fertilized egg is producing. :)

karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2009