soo im scared to tell my mom about my new bf.. well ex bf..

okay, before you start to judge let me explain. im 21yrs old. i live with my parents. and my mom is very strict. i recently started dating my ex again (the last time we dated was a year ago) and everything seems to be going pretty well. but the thing is, i haven't told my mom yet. and for some crazy reason im kind of scared to. she didn't seem to like him too much when we dated before so im scared she'll freak out or something. it's sooo weird because i speak my mind ALL the time, but this particular subject makes me uneasy. i feel like im 15 all over again. any suggestions on how to bring this up to her??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Does she have reason to dislike him? How did he treat you the first time you were together? Do you have a child together?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You are 21 yrs old and I'm assuming you are a mother since you are a member of this site. Therefore, the fact that you live with your Mom has nothing to do with your love life. Honestly, it is none of her business and you shouldn't have to justify it to her. I would be honest with her now though because she'll be more upset if she finds out that you've been lying about it. Plus the fact that you are lying about it to her makes it look like you are doing something wrong and you are ashamed. Just be an adult and tell her this is what you want. End of discussion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i do have a son but it isn't with him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with her. That's the problem with still living with your parents. Your mother knows about everything and will worry about the decisions you make it's normal. In a perfect world you could tell her it's none of her business, but good luck with that while you live with her. Even as adults, if we lived in my mothers house we still lived by her rules.
    It sounds like you are worried because you know she has reason to be unhappy about the relationship. You never did answer the first poster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You need to determine why you are afraid to be open with your mother. Are the concerns that you expect her to have real or is she just an irrational person?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2009