Sex after baby?

TMI but it's been 8 months since I had my first baby..I had no idea what to expect (down there) as far as having sex again. At first I felt way different but as time went on I actually am starting to feel back to normal. Sometimes I worry if it feels normal to my husband..I mean sex is Great don't get me wrong..I just want to ask him if I feel a little different or a lot. Is this normal to worry about this?? I mean it is our love life or atleast big part of it

AlexxasMama

Asked by AlexxasMama at 1:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• It is very normal to worry about it. My husband has told me that it feels only slightly different but not enough to really make a difference and mostly only felt a little different in the first few months after having the babies.

I had large babies and had to be cut twice so I really worried about it. Obviously your husband is happy with how you are so put your mind to rest, if you really want to ask him then go ahead and ask, marriage is about being open and able to discuss anything so talk to him about it, maybe you just need to hear it from him that everything is ok.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You're right...I'm probably just overreacting =) I've always wondered if the more babies you have does it change anything? I only have one but I dont think it should stop people from wanting more I love being a Mom ofcourse
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 1:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I had sex 1 1/2 months after i had the baby and he said it felt better lol, my baby was 6 pounds so i didnt tear or anything and as for me the sex was great, i didnt feel a difference either
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I agree with the pp. Also, if you're worried about it, there are exercises that you can do to tone things up down there. They're called Kegel exercises. Here's a webpage that can help with doing them, and making sure you're doing them right. I've also heard that you can also get these Kegel exercisers if you want, though I haven't ever used one, so I can't say if they really make that much more of  a difference than just doing the basic Kegel moves. 

These are really easy and can literally be done when you're in the car, sitting around watching tv, whatever, and they're good for a lot of things for women, ranging from more tone down there to helping with bladder problems as we get older, etc. oubt that your dh has any problems with you as far as this goes, but still, these exercises are a good thing to do...

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Kegels are great I did them alot and still do, I started doing them when i was younger because i had bladder issues but they are amazing for your pelvic floor and if you do one at the right moment during sex you can give your man a squeeze lol. I think sailors wife was referring to ben wa balls that you put inside your self that help work your muscles.

There are also products that will tighten you up for a few hours and it does work, I tried them and DH said there was a difference. My favorite was called like a virgin, from pureromance.com, I used to be a consultant and i still use it for fun every now and then.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

LOL I have 3 kids and I dont think it matters how many you have my DH is almost 40 and is as active as any college frat boy (well minus the multiple partner part lol) Most men are never even phased by the changes, I think we as women are much more aware and critical of our bodies then our men are.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• just ask him and in the mean time do kegals to help tighten everything up.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• How can you be sexually active with someone you are not comfortable discussing sex with?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2009