Has anyone cancelled Christmas because of spoiled brat children?

Last year my children were 3 and 2. They pulled the stuffing out of a pillow. I asked them to pick it up, and they didn't do it. So the next morning was Christmas. I told them that they couldn't open any presents until they picked up the stuffing. The older one said she didn't want any presents anyways, and the little one followed suit.
So this year, my children found all the presents that we were hiding in the trunk of the car. They keep asking and crying for them. I'm thinking about just giving the toys to them, and packing up the tree that they have torn all the ornaments from. From last year's response to Christmas, they were only getting a few toys anyways, and we donated the rest of the money we would have otherwise spent to charity.
I'm Frustrated. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• How can you call 3 and 2 year olds brats?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Sorry lady you are mean to the core for doing that.
    Anonymous

• They are KIDS and need to be guided not bullied. Shame on you for calling them names and taking Christmas away from them for them being kids who are excited about getting presents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• she's not calling them douche bags, just brats. at least she recognizes that, some moms are just like aaww, they're not so bad, meanwhile they're running through store aisles knocking everything down.
    Anonymous

• shouting Hey Scrooge!!!!!  They're kids. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• they are 3 and 2, you dont cancel christmas for kids that age! holy cow what is this world coming to. and over stuffing on the floor? seriously?
    Anonymous

• Hmmmmm.... it ceases to be the day to celebrate the birth of Jesus because you can't and or won't discipline your children in a manner that they need.
    Give them to toys now and trash the tree and they will forever remember this as the Christmas mommy went berserk.

The real question is how they found them in the trunk of your car? My kids are the same age and have no idea how to unlock and open the trunk of a car. AND where were you when they were doing this?
    Anonymous

• I never said I was going to take Christmas away from them. I just said I would go ahead and give them their toys and then pack up the tree, so they can stop crying about the toys in the trunk.

They don't know what day the 25th is... as far as they know, it's tomorrow.
    And so I said they were spoiled brats, I didn't CALL THEM THAT. They didn't hear me say that.

They are totally misbehaving... so they are being brats.. and they are totally spoiled because they get everything they want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Children pick up on our actions and our emotions. OP the behavior you described is a learned behavior and from your reactions they may have picked it up from you. Not trying to be cruel but honest. Try and step back and look at where you are responsible. They are just children and learn bad attitudes from others.
    Anonymous

• "They are totally misbehaving... so they are being brats.. and they are totally spoiled because they get everything they want. "

WAKE UP LADY (using that term loosely) YOUR KIDS BEING SPOILED AND GETTING EVERYTHING THEY WANT IS....HOLD THE LINE....YOUR FAULT. Don't blame your kids for your lack of parenting skills. Take a parenting class please!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2009