HOW CAN I INDUCE MY LABOR NATURALLY?

I HAVE TRIED SEX ALREADY, A LOT. IM IN A LOT OF PAIN. HAD CONTRACTIONS FOR BOUT 4 1/2 HRS. BUT NOTHING HAPPENED. HURTIN TO BAD, MY DOC JUS SAYS REST, PLZ HELP, & NO BULLCRAP ANSWERS, GOOD ANSWERS PLZ.

Mrs.Ferri

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 4:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First - I'll start by saying I am no dr ;p
    Second - This works, CASTOR OIL!! Google it and do some research for yourself and figure out how much you'd like to take. My friends midwife had her take 1/4 of a bottle and mix it into a chocolate milk shake so she couldnt even tell she was drinking it. It has a horrid taste to take by itself. She was at 41 weeks and weighs about 200 lbs. So I'm not sure how much you should take. Again, ask your Dr and if they seem anti natural inducing, the look around online or maybe you can call and ask a midwife, or a all natural person. Good luck!
    BabyMomma1982

Answer by BabyMomma1982 at 4:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• DO NOT DO CASTOR OIL. It can cause the baby to have a bowel movement in utero and inhale meconium. Seriously, you either have to wait, or tell your doctor to induce you. Those are the only sure fire ways.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 4:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Castor oil. There is less chance of passing meconium than with medical induction and even if a baby does do that, inhalation is not always likely OR enough to be a genuine problem. I used castor oil for my last 3 births, two of which were at home and labour progressed along a natural path unlike with medical induction.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 5:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Castor oil is the stupidest thign to do, Beisdes IF your body isnt ready for it NOTHING you do will help
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• SEX,SEX,SEX....then do lots of walking. It will work. Try some yoga for pregnant women. You can look up some poses online. If you are stressed or tense, this can delay your labor process and make it harder. I know this is not easy to hear, but you need to relax you mind and body. It is going to happen at some point.
    burkemom

Answer by burkemom at 8:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Well you could eat spicy foods, take a long walk, castor oil, get a massage, after having sex, lay there awhile and let your SO sperm thing out your cervix, have your doctor sweep your membranes. These are all things I read and heard from other mom's that worked, but I tried them all mulpital times and none of them worked for me. I ended up having to be induced at 41 weeks and was still in labor for 20 hours. So, if you are anything like me, you may not be able to go into labor on your own. GL!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i would have to agree with your doctor, sorry. rest as much as you can because these things that you can try will only make you more sore and won't really make your labor start any sooner. hang in there!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• nothing that you do is going to make you go into labor unless the baby is ready to come out. my doctor even tried to induce me and the baby was not ready to come out so it ended in a c-section. just let the baby come when its ready, no one wants to hear that when theyre uncomfortable, but walking and sex arent going to help unless the baby is ready.
    raenicole88

Answer by raenicole88 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• walk as much as you can.. hang in there mama, you've made it this far!
    vainco

Answer by vainco at 9:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Honestly as long as your baby and body are not ready nothing will work and this includes medical induction so i agree with your doctor on this one. The best thing to do is to make sure that you are well hydrated, rest when you can and take good care of yourself.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2009