How long can mircle whip be out of the fridge before it goes bad?

My husband left it out at midnight and I threw it out at 4 am. He says I am wasting money. I must prove him wrong. If i was smart I would have put it back and let him get sick but I try to be a nice wife on occasion.

adoramydear

Asked by adoramydear at 5:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hubby is a lifelong cook and I asked him.. he said it may have been okay, may not... so is puking for two days worth four bucks???
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I use the three hour rule for foods...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I was taught "an hour out, then toss it out." I think that came from restaurant work...but it isn't what I do. I would have kept it also. But not told him. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• mayo goes bad easily... he is the one wasting food by leaving it out- not you by dealing with his mess... although my house is so chilly that it would probably still have been in the safe zone!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• LOL we go by smells :) If it makes you puke from smelling it... dont eat it... otherwise, its cool! :D
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I would have kept it after 4 hours. I only toss MW if it's left out overnight - 8 hours or so. During the day the longest it gets left out is a couple of hours, but that's rare.
    Anonymous

• 4 hours is my rule.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 12:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2009