I am 38 weeks, and miserable....

- I have hemrhoids, which are preventing me from moving about. It's also making it hard for me to care for my 2 year old.

- I am nauseous.

- I have been having a bad headache for the past couple of days.

Ugh, I just don't know what to do, I can't seem to get any relief.... My doctor put me on benadryl, she said my body was trying to go into labor, but was to tierd. Well, I took it, and it did nothing, I can't get a decent night's rest!!!! I am just sooooo uncomfortably miserable, that I do not know what to do.

Any Advice? (More than just, 'you have to wait it out', or 'you are almost there', or 'your baby will come when it wants to'.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you can take a relaxing bath. Far as you can stand it put your little one in a stroller and take a easy walk. Most dr wont induce till 39 weeks now but tell the dr you are uncomfortable to where it is not letting you take care of your little one and as if you can at least set up a day to be induced and if you don't go into labor before then at least you will know soon you will be able to put this discomfort behind you. Just the mental idea that soon you will have relife may help. I wish you the best of luck.
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 9:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Find the joy in having another child soon, I was miserable at 3rd tri-mester, made the best of it though. Knowing it would be over soon, and see my daughter shortly after. Try and focus on something, read a book, feet up, watch a movie or something.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 7:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I would ask the doctor to induce me if i were you. If you can't manage your life or take care of your other child because your body doesn't work and you're too tire it's time to get the little one out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Poor mamma, I was miserable my ENTIRE pregnancy. Get up & walk, the more you move the more your body's gonna want that baby out. Mine came after an intense day of shopping/nesting. @ the times when you are in bed trying doing things w/ your 2 yr old to keep you both occupied & happy. Draw, play a game, watch a movie. Use this last little time you have left w/ #1 before you start spending all your time w/ #2.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i don't agree wtih your doctor. i think your body just isn't ready for labor. lots of times labor doesn't start until 42 weeks and everyone is extremely tired in the last few weeks, especially if they have another child to care for. i'm so sorry, i hope your labor does start soon but i don't really have any advice other than rest as much as you can but i know how that goes because i have a 2 year old too!!!!! i guess if there is a tv show your child loves just put that on all day long and don't feel guilty about it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2009