What do you think my 14-year-old daughter's curfew should be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It is for you to decide, your the parent, and know what is best for her.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 7:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I honestly don't think a fourteen-year old is responsible enough to have a curfew. If she is allowed to go out with another family, just have them tell you what time they will have her home. Anywhere else she goes, I would be in attendance. Fourteen is too young to be going out just with her friends. She doesn't yet have the fortitude to keep herself out of trouble without some encouragement.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I agree with NannyB. but i realise she also goes to her friends houses, not just out with other families. My sister is 13 and she has to be back at 7.30 on school nights and 9 on Fridays and Saturdays. I find that reasonable.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 8:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• When my daughter was 14 she had to be in by 8:00 on a school night and 10:30 on the weekend. No excuses,no exceptions! As long as the trust and responsibilty is there I dont see the problem with hanging out with friends unattended for a few hours. If she screws it up or if you think she is doing inappropriate things then limit where she goes, with who, and for how long. If she has a cell phone, have her check in with you. As much as I didnt want mine to grow up I knew I had to let her. Earning my trust was the first step though!
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• my mom always told us to be in when the street lights come on, but 14 u have to give them some kind of trust and resposipility. id say mabe 9pm or 930 is good
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i sy eight on weeknights and 10 on weekends but if its that late on weekends you should know who shes hanging outwith and she should call you to check in at a regular interval or time that you set
    blissfulrebel

Answer by blissfulrebel at 8:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I think 9 at the latest. You need to see what your curfew is in that area also. But for a 14 year old 8 or 9. Later if she has a parent with her. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i was thinking 8/10 (weekdays/weekends) depending on how responsible & mature she was, and i thought i was being strict. glad to see thats not the case!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 9:00 but like okmanders said, it depends on how responsible and mature she is...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• MY SON IS 14 HE HAS TO BE IN BY 8 OR 8:30 THE LATEST ON SCHOOL NIGHTS AND 10 THE LATEST 10:30 ON WEEKENDS
    threepeanutsmom

Answer by threepeanutsmom at 9:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2009