she called her kid an A&&

My friend called me this morning and she actually called her stepson a little A&& Hole. I was shocked I told I thought it was uncalled for and she would never call her children anything like that. She just said well my kids wouldnt act like that. He has major psychological issues. his mom has in and out of jail for years. She makes him sit in his room all evening after school, with no toys or anything in his room. I just think it mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I agree that she is mean, but what can you expect from someone who hasn't been around much? Explain why your kids wouldn't act this way and what she is doing wrong, a friend will take such advice to heart.

Answer by older at 8:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Oh she has been around. She has been with the father since the child was 2 years old . Maybe even a little younger. So she knows how he is and knew before she married his dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Did she call him an ass &^%$ to his face or just to you?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• To me but I have heard her call him names to his face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Why do women marry men with children if they are not willing to love and care for those children as their own? I will never understand this. My mom loves my step brother and sister as her own, my step dad passed away and mom has remarried and still she treats them like her own. I had the evil stepmother and I am telling you kids grow up to be angry adults about those things when it comes to their relationship with their parent who does nothing to stop it.

Your friend needs to stop acting like the evil stepmother and see that this child is reacting to how she is treating him and how his life has been, children are a product of their environment if she acts like an a$$ then so will he. The childs father also needs to step up and put a stop to it, I am all for supporting his spouse but his child needs to come first and if she is treating him badly dad needs to put a stop to it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Kids can be difficult sometimes. As long as she just said it to you, she was just venting. A good friend would try to empathise, pray for her, and not judge her.  That is what I think you should do.  If she is calling him this to his face, I would probably say something in love, reminding her this is not how to treat a child.

Anonymous

• What a bitch! Why are you friends with this girl?!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It is always easy to judge the stepmom. Parenting your own children is hard but trying to parent a stepchild is harder. You can be the best person and try EVERYTHING to have a good relationship and YES the stepchild can still be an A##! All I ever see is "why do these women marry men if they are not willing to love their children" or "evil stepmom" Grow up it isn't a perfect world and there are times that the step child is NOT willing to accept the new person in their dads life and if you throw in an ex wife well you have nothing but a crazy ride. So, stop judging "these women" and try to understand what they go through every day. I have done all of it, spending "special" time w/ sd, shopping w/sd, playing games, created a home and room for her that every kid envied and all this kid does is treat me terribly. So, starfire73 and the rest of you, she's not a bitch maybe the kid is an A##!
    Anonymous