Potty training

how do you know if a child is ready? My little one is 17 months but the thing is she will tell me when she poops> Which i think she doens't like it on her butt. For christmas i wanted to get her a potty. How do I start this? I'm a young first time mother any pointers? Please help me!

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 7:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's hard to potty train any baby I have a daughter shes three years and 4 months and she just now goes poop and pee on the potty and I brought her, her first potty and two years old she would sit on it but nothing would come out, If I were you I would buy her a potty and just start trainging her to go have her sit on it when you do on your own toilet. Honestly mine starting to go when she just had jumped out of the shower she was naked and she had to go and the potty was already there and all of a sudden she just went and since she loves going to laughs everytime she hears her pee come out, just relax dont pressure her to go she'll go when shes ready, but you have to coach her. Good luck..
    Destany22

Answer by Destany22 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2009