i need some help

with me being pregnant and having triples i'm scaried that i'm not going to be able to give them all the same amount of time with me when the new baby comes and i dont what them to feel left out i dont know what to do.

sophia19

Asked by sophia19 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Congratulations, Do you have people who can help out from time to time? You will find a way to show each one the same amount of love, and affection they need. One day at a time. You'll do fine.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• when the new baby comes they will be 4 and i worried they will need me more and i willnt be there for them and all my family are like 7 hours away from me soo all we have is his dad
    sophia19

Answer by sophia19 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You won't be able to give them the same amount of time once the little one comes. You're adding another into the mix & there's only so many hours in the day. Focus on spending quality time w/ each & don't worry about the amount of time. Make special time for each every day if possible, if not switch days. Just like adjusting to having 3 you'll figure it out. I think we stress about change but once it happens we're kinda forced to just do it. Remember you're gonna be exhausted after birth, you may not have the energy to give them all alot of attention for the 1st couple of mo. Cut yourself a break & remeber, you're trying & that counts for something.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• check out some activities for daddy to take them to so you & baby can sleep & bond too. Baby gymboree or something.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• there daddy just likes to spend time with are son he doesn't like to do girl things with a daughters
    sophia19

Answer by sophia19 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• As long as your husband picks up the slack, the children will all be fine. He just has to fill in a few gaps while you are so busy with the newest addition. That's the way families are meant to work, so I think you are worrying needlessly.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i just don't want my kids to hate me when she comes
    sophia19

Answer by sophia19 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• This is something that everyone worries about when adding a new baby into the family. Will I have time for my older kid/s? Will they hate me or the new baby? Etc… It will be hard, but think about it this way: you are already able to handle triplets. This is a lot of spreading your time around. Just make sure that they have activities that they enjoy for when you need to feed the new one. Try to give each child a little mommy time and do your best to engage them in helping with the baby: get a diaper and wipes, have someone pick out an outfit for baby to wear, have them take a turn holding baby while sitting on the floor or couch. Sit on the floor and play with them with baby in your lap. You will do fine!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Well one good thing about multiples (I'm a twin momma) is they have each other. Get as much hel as you can. Get you big kids as independant as possible so that when you do have time its not for the routine boring stuff. Get dad really involved if possible. My twins are the younger ones so dd #1 had to do a lot of adjusting. They have special needs and were very needy babies, we would not have made it without each other and outside help. But I suspect you will do a lot better than you think. You've gotten through the baby time with three so you are probabily very organized. Your kids a probably better at sharing time with you than a single child would be. All you can do is your best.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• your child wont hate u.. thar will be time wen u will spend more time wth one than the other. that just life.. u need to tell hem wen thy get older.. that u love em all but sometime sister or brther need more attion.. dont beat your self up.
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2009