How far apart are your kids?

I see shows like 18 And Counting and have to wonder why anyone would want to be pregnant for 23 years straight. You would think it would take a wicked toll on your body. I was just curious how long some of you waited before having another, my two are 10 1/2 years apart.

formykids373

Asked by formykids373 at 8:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my two older are 1 year appart and the little one is 12 years younger than the middle child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 3 years apart. When we were having a family, this was recommended by some book that we read. It supposedly was good for the children.

Answer by Bmat at 8:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• well my kids are pretty close together, i had my daughter 3/31/02 and my son 1/21/04.....so just about two years, BUT my MIL has a very big gap between her children she had one in 1982, 1995, and 2001.  yep you read that right there is 19 years between her oldest and her youngest child. .........

i could never do that, i cant imagine having a child that is 19 and then decide to have another WHOA!!

MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Mine are 8 and a half years apart....I wanted them to be at least three years apart, really more like 5 years apart, but then it took me a few extra years to get pregnant, etc. I actually like the age difference, though. It gave me a chance to get to know each child as an individual, and to extend my child-raising years without having 9 or ten kids! Every age difference has good and bad points, but I knew that for me having more than one "baby" at a time would be a less enjoyable experience than spreading them out a bit. Plus, I was working full time and either paying for daycare arrangements for TWO, or quitting to stay home for a while, would require some financial planning! Currently my kids are 12 and 20 and I have loved every minute of it!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My boys 10 months one day apart, I work fast !! LOL
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 8:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My kids are 2 years, 9 months (to the day) apart!
    mykidsmom75067

Answer by mykidsmom75067 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 14 months, 18 months, and 24 months
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 12 years..and 2 minutes apart (twins, lol)
    Rileyscute

Answer by Rileyscute at 9:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Mine are 5 years, 2 months apart. It took a lot for me to be willing to go through pregnancy again.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 7 years 1 month, they are now 22 (boy) and 29 (girl), roommates and bestfriends.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 9:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2009