Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dont want my husband to see my kids anymore

My husband abandoned my 4 kids and I almost two years ago. He had an affair with a younger woman and got her pregant. He then cut off our financial support and we didn't hear from him for 7 months. He's been in and out of the kids lives since. I was receiving enforced child support but now he's unemployed. His pyscho girlfriend threw herself down some stairs and said it was him. I had to go to court and testify on his behalf because hes not a violent person. They're back together and now my kids are second again. He was suppose to take my daughter to the dentist today since i have bronchitis but just canceled with no reason. He doesn't help me when I need him, doesn't support them, isnt really there so I don't want to let him see them anymore. The two oldest don't want to see him anyway.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Well you can't just stop because you want to if there is a court order for visitation. To me those aren't enough reasons to keep your children away from him. They will eventually despise you because of it. Go to court if you do have an order and see what happens.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • Not sure there is much you can do except tell him how you feel. Kids sometimes get angry with their parents and say they don't want to see them but get really upset if they don't at least try so don't depend on what your child says. They also want to be loyal to you and say things they think you want to hear. So, just tell dad he's hurting the kids and to be a real dad not just a ghost dad.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • you would have to take away his parental rights if you want him to have absolutely no say the only problem with this is you cant change your mind once its done (as far as i know) and he will never have to pay child support again...if your concerned i would for now take away his visitation can get a court hearing for that and present your side...if you can prove he is a neglectful parent and hasn't been keeping faithful visitations you will most likely be granted your motion....just remember though...your kids will always want their father in some capacity....don't hold them back when that happens...let them learn in their own way what their father is like...its the best thing to do...

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • You are allowed to tell him that you don't want him in their lvies anymore. You DO have that right. He may take you to court, but you would have a case over his since he had an affair resulting in a pregnancy, and abandoned you and your children. I doubt he would care if you told him to skip off anyhow, because he doesn't seem to interested in being their dad. I agree with a PP that you WOULD have to get him to sign away (or have a court take away) his rights to the children if you wanted him to have completely no say. You would then have no more child support coming in either. If you want him out of their lives, it is absolutely wrong of you to ask for child support anyway. You need to contact a lawyer and ask how you can go about getting his rights taken away. First though, tell him that you no longer want him around and why you don't want him around.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • why would you help such an ugly man?

    Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.