My son keeps correcting how I drive. Please help.

He is 13.What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell him that when he is old enough to drive and can prove his abilities, then he will be able to drive. In the meantime, he is to observe and keep his comments to himself. It's called respect for your mother, and he should be practicing it at every level, including critiquing your driving.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My he feels unsafe about something he thinks is dangerous in the way you drive. Probably I'd calmly explain why what I was doing was fine and that he shouldn't worry. If he has a valid point, then I'd thank him and consider it.

Answer by Bmat at 8:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• tell him he will end up hating it when you do it to him when he learns to drive...i remember how much i HATED it when my mom took me out driving when i was learning cause she was a BAD backseat driver...my stepdad was great! explain it to him that way...that he wouldnt like it if you did it to him when hes learning to drive...so why should he do it to you.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Take him to a parking lot and teach him how to drive. Or stop taking him places. Teenagers can be turds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Is he making a correct assesment?
    Anonymous

• No.
    Anonymous