What do you do for a sore throat?

I have a sore throat and a squeaky voice. I usually drink warm tea but I was wondering what other moms do.

mominbolt

Asked by mominbolt at 9:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Health

• family recipe, this has cured me of even strep throat in a single day. And it tastes wonderful!

Make a liquid with the juice of one lemon, & about 2-3 tablespoons honey. (add as much honey as you want)

the honey not only kills germs/virus's, but it also draws out the virus to the surface & the lemon kills virus's & bacteria very quicky! Lemon is a wonderful germ killer!

Gargle with it, sip it slowly & do this about 3 times a day. Not only will it soothe your soar throat, but it wil treat it too. Guaranteed to work (at least it always works for my family & always has, mom's been doing this since the 40's & her family are all Dr.'s)

unless you want to wrap dirty socks around your neck, this works like a charm & tastes really good!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Gargle with warm salt water, throat lozenges or throat spary. Hope you feel better soon!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Make a syrup with honey (anti-bacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory)

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• We   Gargle with Colloida Silver it is great and swollow it and it coats the whole throte...       http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/colloidal-silver?utm_medium=ask&utm_source=smart&utm_campaign=article&utm_term=Silver&ask_return=Colloidal+Silver   or bakeing soda and salt in warm water...   or Hydregen Peroxide works also....... we take Vit C http://www.ask.com/web?q=What+do+you+do+for+a+sore+throat%3F&search=&qsrc=2980&o=8101&l=dir  get lots of rest drink water please get well soon

yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 10:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You might not want to do this are not even heard about this. This is something I know works very well. Get the dirtiest socks in the house or anyone socks who is very dirty, put them together and wrap them around yur neck for at least 4 hours, and repeat this when you go to bed, if your sore throat hadn't already gone away by then(within the 4 hours).
    blonddi3

Answer by blonddi3 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Halls mentholyptus, Vicks or Mentholatum, hot tea.
    Anonymous