i had a csection last wed, so i obviously had an epi. i figured id be a little sore where the needle went in but should i be feeling sharp shooting pains in my spine?? it really hurts & was wondering if anyone else experienced the same?

halfpint1984

Asked by halfpint1984 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-5 Credits)
  • This happens sometimes with an epi or a spinal, unfortunately. It just depends how good your anesthesiologist is. My best friend had this problem after her c-section and it took 8 months for the pain to completely go away.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i had a massive migraine after mine and they had to do it over the next day to "plug" the hole or something like that...sooo long ago. but i would call your doctor. hope you feel better!
    vainco

Answer by vainco at 9:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Unfortunately, the after-effects of an epidural can last more than a year. If the pain is severe, contact your health care provider.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I AM SORRY TO SAY THIS.. BUT.. I had an epidural myself.. over 6 years ago when my son was born in febuary of 2003. I have never gone a single day since then without some form of either tingling, pain, back tremors and or even constant pain... I finally went to the specialist just over a month ago.. He says I have permanent damage from the epidural.. and worse yet.. my time to file on the anathstisiologist has expired. as I only have 18 months after the surgery to find out if there were complications.. I SUGGEST YOU RUN TO THE NUROLOGIST'S AND HAVE THAT LOOKED AT. Blessings to you and I pray you don't have what I do.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2009