• In the Spotlight:

is anybody going throw what i am going throw?

i am in a pickle. i have been going throw a living hell for the past almost 2 years. my son was taken from me by dcf. i have done evrything they have wonted me to but now they want me to go and see a theripist because i need to admit my role in what happened to my son. well on top of all that i am 29 weeks prego and they r tell me that they can come and take this baby when i have her. i am so scared for the new baby but most of all i just want my son back. if any of u have any answers for me please let me know and if any body is going throw the same please let me know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Guuuuurl.....do everything they tell you to. Stuff like this is gonna take time. Prove to them that you are responsible and trustworthy. What ever the reason was for them taking away your kid, show them the changes. Work with them also. Dont over react and show immaturity. You might not get your son back right away, but if you prove yourself and show them you are trying to make a difference in your life, you may get your boy sooner than you think and keep your baby as well!

-Vanessa
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Go see the therapist as they want you to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It must be terrible to be going through this. It might help to talk with a religious adviser or your doctor, but as anon says, go to the therapist. It may be that you'll find it comforting and helpful. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• See the therapist. What have you done to deserve thsi?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Do exactly what they want you to do!! This happend to my BFF"s sister, DFCS took her son -who she was trying to get back - she did not complete a parenting class or some other thing that they asked her to do and they DID take her baby from the hospital! Fortunatly the baby went to the grandparents and not into the system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You need to follow their guidelines if you want to be able to parent your child.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• What on Earth did you do that was so awful they took your son and are threatening to take your baby? Maybe that's something to consider.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I was just wondering what was being thrown and what my options to throw were? Sorry you are going through a bad spot but it sounds like if you want your son back and you want to keep this baby you better do what ever they tell you to do. I think you should also really think about if you are the best person to raise these children. I'll not question your love for them as it takes a great deal of love to say "maybe I am not the best".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• As the others have said, do what DCF says and go see the therapist. Although it may not seem like it, they are not doing this to you just to spite you, they are doing it to assure the safety and well-being of your children. They want what you want, which is the best for your son and baby-to-be.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Whatever happened to your son, CAN happen to your new baby if you DON'T take the time to find out how your behavior affected what happened. Go to the therapist. And when they give you back your son, continue going. I am not exactly sure what happened, and I don't really need to know, but when you get him back, make sure he is going as well. It is not about doing what they want you to do so you can have him back. It's about starting the healing process for both of you, and preventing it from happening again. No matter what has happened, you are your child's mother, and no one else will ever be able to take your place. He NEEDS you to do this for HIM, not for Social Services. Develop a positive relationship with his foster parents. Part of thier job is to support you. If they can't do that, then talk to the Social Worker about it.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2009