What is a good TV show for my 8 year old son?

lioness57

Asked by lioness57 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i have plenty of sons and they all love pokemon on the cartoon network show. the ones closer to 8 also like to watch pbs and the animal planet..all depends on your believes and what type of boy they are each one is different.
    sunshinex8

Answer by sunshinex8 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My daughter loves to watch Mickey Mouse club house, handy manny, my friend tigger and pooh, little einsteins, and higglytown heroes. They all teach good lessons as well!
    They are on disney.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My son and daughter love Word Girl on PBS channel. They also like Arthur, Reading Rainbow which are also on PBS.
    EileenMarie

Answer by EileenMarie at 10:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Just a thought:Check books likeThe Plug-In Drug if you are at all looking at your child's exposure to TV. With 25 years of teaching, to see the drastic deterioration during the last 8-10 years in children's ability to THINK,to even SEE what is around them is deeply scary. They spend so much time tuning out while they watch TV, play video/computer/iPod music. Picture a brown paper bag over their heads every time they are doing these self-involved things. How much time do they actually spend on any given day with the bag OFF? A youngster in my office puts in her iPod while she works, and she misses EVERYTHING - she learns NOTHING from the interactions of people around her, and she stays immature. Our family mostly delayedTV til our 3 kids were 12.They got full college scholarships, some perfect SATscores, and friends consistently ask them for advice on emotional problems.Not that we CREATED their intelligence and wholesome emotional IQs, just that TV wasn’t there to sabotage them.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Reading Rainbow is nice.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2008