Anybody else having a hard time getting into the Holiday Sprit???

Don't get me wrong - I have EVERYTHING to be thankful for, I just am not FEELING it. What are some of the things that you guys have done to "get in the mood" LOL!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• Decorate your house, play some Christmas music, bake.....Be Merry!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i know how u feel. i love xmas and im thankful for everything but not in the mood...i dont even have a tree yet.. ( getting one tonight ) but im not all yeahhhh were getting a tree!!...and i swear this year is less stressful im done with most of shoping and im happy but not in the spirt which does stink..maybe after i get the tree and lug out the decorations i will be in the happy mood. and start to decorate the out side..i hope i do get the happy feelings going on and hope its the same for u xoxo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I'm in the same boat, lol. DH and I have everything to be grateful for, we're really happy, but not feeling the holiday spirit. The cold weather makes us want to cuddle, so we definitely "get in the mood" LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Decorate!!! That will help me, and I am sure it will help you.

I have no tree, I am going this weekend.
    A few lights in the window.

Oppps, I didn't shop yet. OMG, I am so not in the spirit, my kids don't know what they want.

Hello, How can you not know? My kids don't. It will be a very simple xmas, I explained Santa has alot more kids this year.

I just am tired of clutter. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Oh, and I am very Thankful:

For healthy kids, a warm home, food, and warm clothes!!!

We will be enjoying Christmas this weekend, actually the start of it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Were not in the mood at all...i can say were happy...kinda in a stressful situation at the time...this was going to be our first REAL year to be able to decorate and all...but both vehicles need repairs and tires..so not gonna happen. Im trying to enjoy my sons birthday on the 19th...and let Christmas kinda come what may....Im hoping things turn around in the next couple weeks....but we wont do a tree or anything..i may take the family to my moms, she has decorated..and have my son open a few things over there. Im thankful hes not old enough to remember this year!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• decorate, watch a christmas movie or two and make some goodies ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I play some Christmas musiclistening to tunes 

I do fake at times only because I love my family and don't want to damen their mood as well.  Mothers make it all happen during the holidays so I make that effort for them. 

Anonymous

• I was great til dh came home from work last night....his boss is being a jerk and putting backcharges on his paycheque coming up which means I'll have enough to barely cover the mortgage and bills.

now I just want to cancel everything.
    Anonymous

• OP: It is my baby's first Christmas, the tree is up and the house is decorated......Maybe it is because we are really broke this year and so far there are not presents under the tree. That sounds REALLY lame when I have been blessed in so many ways - maybe I just need to get over myself and pull up my big girl panties!!
    Think I will bake something that requires frosting - if that doesn't put me in the mood for Christmas at least I will have a sugar high!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2009