Are you a closet alcoholic?

Do you drink? I read an article about women being under sooo much pressure they drink secretly. I don't drink everyday, I drink wine occsionally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You read the new Good Housekeeping Magazine. I did too, I read it last night. That woman that wrote the article I think was a bit ignorant, she new what she was doing, and glamorized it for the magazine. There are some women who truly don't know they are alcoholics, but I think most know they have a problem when they do.
    Personally, I like alcohol. I like the taste, the different blends and smells, the tastey concoctions and am learning to appreciate a good wine.Alcoholic? No.
    People used to say when your drinking interferes with your life you have a problem. I always thought that when your life interfered with your drinking-you had a problem. Both would be accurate for alcoholism I think.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I don't drink. I hate the taste of alcohol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I drink one weekend out of the month.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I don't usually drink much, maybe a little bit of vodka or a beer after dinner two or three times a week, but when the in-laws come to town or right before a big test I find myself hitting the bottle more than usual, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I don't drink..
    Anonymous

• I rarely drink, I mean rarely.

Once in a while, on occassion, or just out with my hubby for a weekend. UMMM lets see, last year sometime. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I drink 1 glass of wine every night before bed. And I do it in the family room not the closet, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Jademom07,
    according to the article, you could be considered an alcoholic.
    I had a good friend years ago that always bitched about her husband being a drunk. He went to AA at her request, only to find out he was not. But his wife was. As I look back, Joan had a drink in her hand every time I saw her. Social occassions of course and never drunk, but she always had one drink in her hand.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:23 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Actually, it was an old People magazine. The one about Diane Schuyler who was drunk driving and killed her daughter and nieces! No one knew or believed she was a drunk...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• oh...the new GH with Brooke Shields on it has a long article with the same title. It's not that good of an article, because of the writer. She was a ditz I think. She was literally dressing her children with one hand and holding a drink in the other and said " she didn't have a problem".
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2009