I'm enrolling in a paralegal certification program and wanted to know if I should tell my employer or wait until after graduation?

I work hourly as the firm's new receptionist now (I've been here two months). I've ready many articles that say when you're new and young to just keep your ears open and your mouth shut.

Any knowledge on this would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• As long as it doesn't affect the hours that you work I wouldn't say anything,
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• yes as long as it doesnt effect your job there is no reason to tell them...once you have your degree in hand tell them because SOME jobs offer a pay increase for that sort of thing....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I've read many articles that say when you're new and young to just keep your ears open and your mouth shut.

Good advice.  No need for them to know that information. 

Anonymous