If my son even gets near a dog and there is 1 flea on it, it will find him and that one flea will bite up to 10 times...HELP...any suggestions..he loves animals but I am scared to even let him get close to them.

It is shocking when you see the bites, it is amazing what 1 tiny flea can do to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Health

• I had a dog with fleas before and i never got bit, DOnt worry so much.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Fleas are attracted to some people more than others. Most dogs dont have fleas but i dont think the bites can hurt him so I wouldnt freak if he wants to pet a dog. Just keep something around to treat the bites if it happens.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Flea bites are like misquito bites... they are pain in the butt, they get read and swollen and can itch like crazy. But there's no real health hazard. Rub a little hydrocorisone on it for the itching or give him some benedryl and your little man should be alright.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I can't think of a thing. I am like your son. My mom's animals ALWAYS had fleas so I always had a million bites on me. It sucked.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:44 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• there is a spray you can buy to keep mosquitoes and fleas away...also make sure it IS fleas...my oldest when she was a baby kept getting red bumps all over her...turned out i had fire ants in the house and they weren't bothering any of us but they loved her....i would debug your home first...see if that helps...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Frankly take the animal to be dipped for flea's. And it is a good Idea not to allow your children around other people's animals unless you know that they are safe and have good temperaments.. SO I WOULD ALSO ASK ABOUT IF THEY ARE FLEA FREE.. IF NOT.. DON'T GO TO THAT HOUSE.. SIMPLE AS THAT.. However I suspect your also over reacting as it is nothing more than a flea bite and a drop of calamine lotion will cure any itching and or pain from it.. relax mom.. Children must be allowed to play and explore.. not crushed and kept in a sterile environment.

MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Tea Tree Oil General Information
    Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-infection oil. It is effective against nail fungus, ringworm, athlete's foot, dandruff, acne and many types of infestations including lice, mites,fleas and scabies.

Tea tree oil is not just soothing and disinfecting, it is capable of penetrating into the lower skin layers with its anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, analgesic (pain killing) and cicatrizant (wound-healing) qualities. It helps the skin to heal by encouraging the formation of scar tissue.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2009