Im a Prisoner in my own home!

Well not technically but I sure do feel like. I think Ive only left the house twice in 2 weeks and that was only a short trip down the road to Walmart and right back home. Me and Dh share a car and Im a SAHM and because of his work hours I haven't been able to have the car for the day. Lord knows you can only clean the house so much, have so many tea parties, and bake so many Christmas cookies! Lol. Im running out of ideas and going crazy in the process. :) I dont exactly know what anxiety is but Im sure that I have it. lol. Anybody else ever feel this way?

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 10:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would give you a car if I had an extra! I couldn't live without a car. We're in the country and if I were stuck at home w/out one I think I would be walking everywhere. In the snow, rain, w/ever. I get cabin fever so bad though, there are some days I just go to the library just to get out of the house.
    Do you have a dog? That's a good excuse to walk too, to get exercise, for you and the dog. Maybe call a friend, family member and go window shopping, or out for a light lunch, or coffee shop like Borders, then you can browse the books too...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Sometimes. I gave my car to my son (lives in another state) so I'm without a car. I wonder now what was I thinking but it forces me to get out and walk and get the exercise I need. Not sure where you live and what the weather is but if you can get out, walk. If not, you can incorporate exercise time or play time with your child.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• You must not have many kids. I'm so busy I can't get everything done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I two dd's and they are 3 almost 4 and 1 1/2. They diff. do keep me busy but its just that Im in much need of getting out of the house. We live in Oklahoma and its been 40 degrees or below and lots of rain or else we would diff. go out for a nature walk as my daughter calls them. I do have a really good friend who is a SAHM too of a newborn but she refuses to take him out of the house to even just come over for adult interaction. I think I may need to go on the hunt for more friends. lol.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 10:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Maybe a couple days a week you can take your husband to work and you have the car so you don't feel so trap. If you have a bus system near by take your girls out nature bus ride.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I'm a SAHM, we have one car, and I don't have a license. (I've never had one) Soo .. I am in the house 24/7 except for when we go to walmart, or the rare occassion we go to a friend's/family members house. I feel trapped, lonley, and basically like I'm suffocating in this house most days. It's too cold to take the kids on a walk, and I don't know anyone in this neighborhood. It's really like being a prisoner in your own home, I feel you on that one.

I agree with a PP. Maybe you can take your husband to work some days to be able to get out of the house during the day. Take your kids to a museum, out to lunch, or to the park. That might help you feel like you're free. I would do the same, but I have to wait until the hubbs is laid off before I can get my license. He gets laid off at the same time every year.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Go for a walk. Take public transit somewhere. Bake cookies to take to a neighbor.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I just went thru this!!!! I got my car back last week. Luckily for us, we live where the winters are mild and we spend alot of time outdoors.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• All the time and I have a car. But to save money I almost never have much gas in there and when I do I only go out when I have to. That is usually on payday when I pay bills. It's cold and that lets out the park or just going for a walk like we used to. Sometimes I break my own rules and just go for a drive with my kids anyway. Back when it was just car that we shared I used to get the car at lunch and pick him up after work.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I am also a SAHM and I understand how you feel completely. I try to get out everyday if its just to walk around the block and back. Try and find a reliable friend or family who can drive you to different places like the grocery store or the park or to a museum. Maybe you can catch a movie every now and again. Don't drive yourself crazy looking at the four walls all day. Get out even if its just once a week and have some time to yourself.
    Iamahotmom2417

Answer by Iamahotmom2417 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2009