Cold Sores

How do i get cold sores to go away by sat? Or make them smaller and less noticable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• eat lots of raisins.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• tea tree oil. put it on often with a q tip
    falanlee

Answer by falanlee at 2:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Try abreva. My mom had cold sores for years and heard about oil of oregano, but i do NOT recommend it. Now even though she hasn't had a cold sore since....which is going on 10 years....she did use too much of the oil of oregano and it burned her lip....she had a swollen red lip for about a year before it healed.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• put ice on it to reduce the swelling every so often throughout the day. Then apply abreva, a bit pricey but you onlu need a tiny tiny bit at once and WELL worth it.
    carlinaiden

Answer by carlinaiden at 9:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Take the mineral called L Lysine. It's where the vitamins are. Take it I believe 2X per day and it will definitely decrease!!! I found this miracle about 20 years ago and swear by it. I needed to get rid of one for a Sat night as well. Now I use Arbonne's lip service - as soon as I feel the tickle or lips start getting dry I start taking it...they don't pop out at all. (Same L Lysine active ingredient with additional botanicals to help heal the lips as well)
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2009

• My husband gets them and we tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Then we tried just plain old alcohol. We heard about it from a friend and as soon as he feels one coming on, he dabs it with alcohol (every chance he gets) and let me tell you that they end up very small and not very noticable. Works fantastic.
    RMott

Answer by RMott at 9:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2010