I have a quick questions about prenatal vitamins, too...

I get the rx prenate ones, and it says take on an empty stomach...either an hr before or 2 hrs after a meal...um, hello, i'm pregnant! Sometimes i have night time cravings (as I take mine nightly before bed..) Does this mean they are less effective? I want my baby to be receiving all the benefits she can from them!

Thanks all!

Cheesymom04

Asked by Cheesymom04 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine always said to take with or after a meal. Sorry, I can't be more help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• No I always ate with them when I was pregnant with my first or they would make me sick.
    With my second they always made me sick so I just took the flinstones.
    Go ahead and eat them with crackers or something. It isnt going to hurt a thing
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• i think it might just say that so you don't get sick. maybe for women who are nauseous they want them to take it on an empty stomach ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• it doesnt matter when you take them....i had ones too that said to take on an empty stomach...i got sick....then was switched to ones that you take with food...i got sick....finally my doc told me try taking them right before bed...the theory is that you will sleep through most of the nausea...and that worked! it doesnt really matter, but talk to your doc if your unsure.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 8, 2009