Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fought with the God Mother a while back.Do I still

Get my God son a present? Its been almost a year since i have spoken to them,seen them..ANYTHING...
(Its not that i dont wanna give a gift lol) I have one already..just not sure :/

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Holidays

Answers (8)
  • Well yeah, the responsibility is to the child not the mom.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • Her son has nothing to do with your relationship with mom, I would give it! Besides consider it to be a slap in the face without actually doing it!

    Answer by older at 10:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • Yes you should still give the gift. The fight wasn't between you and the Godchild. A Godmother is supposed to be there for their Godchild, support them, love them and show them that you care!

    Answer by mamaada at 10:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • That is your God child. Yes you should send the gift. Maybe even a note to the mom saying youre sorry for your part of the argument setting a good example as a christian.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • yes you should still send a husband doesn't get along with my best friend at all..she was there for my daughters birth and i "unofficially" named her the godmother (i didn't pick it through religion). Now since then my husband is so angry at her for something in hers and my past (a stupid fight) that he wont even let her over the house....but i will still honor her as the godmother and my husband knows to shut up when it comes to that....i told him just recently she was thinking about buying my daughter snow pants...and he just grumbled but didn't argue it...hopefully your friend is the same way...its for the sake of the child and she will understand that...unfortunately you cannot make her like you or see you, but do whatever you will show an effort on your part and i think that's awesome!

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • Sure. Make a mends with this family. Send their child a gift and a special note to the parents showing you still care.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • Say it's it a small peace offering, Happy Holidays!

    It's totally on her court what to do then. I do hope it's all resolved.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

  • Yes. Send a small gift directly to their home through mail. Send a card to the whole family saying a simple, "I hope your holidays are wonderful." and leave it at that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.