Does anyone have a good home made laundry detergent recipe?

I'm wanting to make home made laundry detergent and I'm looking for a detailed recipe that maybe even includes amounts of essential oils to add for fragrance, the more natural the ingredients, the better.

Mortiferouslatt

Asked by Mortiferouslatt at 10:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• the duggars do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• 1 grated bar of Fels Naptha, Zote, or Ivory melted in a pan (large) of water
    in a 5 gal bucket add 1 cup borax and 1 cup washing soda (not baking soda) fill 1/2 full with hot water and mix
    Then add the soap mixture and top off with hot water and mix.
    Let sit for 24 hours and add 1/2 cup to each load of laundry.
    You can add essential oils if you want but I get my fragrance from the fabric softener anyway.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• HERE is a page of various home laundry detergent recipes. I wouldn't bother with fabric softener. Homemade laundry soap doesn't leave chemical residues in your laundry like commercial detergents do to make the items stiff. Fabric softener just adds more chemicals.  If you need to get a smell out of your laundry, add 1 cup vinegar to the wash water. Vinegar will remove urine, mildew and body odors.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2009