the doctor just called saying my 4 year olds has a UTI

I took her to the doc and he tested her urine and said nothing showed up but did a culture they just called and said it was possitive and called in meds. Should I go get her from school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Unless she is throwing up or has a fever, I wouldn't. You may want to go to the school to give her the medicine depending on what the instructions for the medicine are.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• The only thing about UTI's in kids is that it raises eyebrows for sexual abuse. Although, at this age, they could easily stick a dirty hand down there, or whip their butt the wrong way & accidentally giving themselves a UTI. UTI's are not a reason to stay out of school, ad they are not contagious. I would say to leave her in school.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• my son likes to hold his pee for a long time, like he pees about 4 times a day, he is 4 yrs old, dh is the same way... but one time when he was still pt-ing i think he only peed twice two days in a row and got a UTI from it... the family doc is a DO rather than MD and put him on cranberry juice full strength and that cleared it up. i would maybe tell her teachers because she will have to go more than normal but it is a sign of sexual abuse too, like if a woman has too much sex, you can get a UTI that way too..... idk...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2009