my lil boy is 3 months old i need help

my son is now 3 months old and can't stand to be put on his belly unless he is going to sleep. He is already trying to walk and holds his head up really well. He will sit on your lap and watch tv for hours if you let him. Do i really need to worry about tummy time or just let him go as he is?

smiley198028

Asked by smiley198028 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe if you place him on your tummy (tummy to tummy) and encourage him to push up and look at you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• He's three months old and already trying to walk? I highly doubt that is accurate.
    Either way. Don't worry about tummy time. If he can keep control of his head, move it around, and hold it up without trouble then he's fine. I never gave my son tummy time and he's fine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My tummy sleepers didn't get tummy time, they got back time.

I also highly doubt he's trying to walk. He should be trying to straighten his legs in an attempt to support his own weight (while being held) and might be picking up his legs one after the other...but that's reflexes, not him trying to walk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2009

• My daughter straightens her legs like she is trying to walk too, she is a little older than yours but I know that it does look like they are trying to walk even if that is not really what it is. He is probably just trying out his muscles. But honestly, I don't know why that brings so much negativity and stories of the 12 or 15 month old speaking in complete sentences doesn't . Guess it's cranky day here again.
    Anonymous

• He is not trying to walk. And yes, he still needs tummy time while awake, no matter how much he hates it.
    Anonymous

• The whole walking think maybe off but testing his legs and seeing how they work seems more accurate. I would have to agree with trying to work on tummy time but don't force it. I would try the tummy to tummy first and work from there but once he starts crying its stop for a break. There is nothing to worry about really but if you are really concern about it always talk to the babies doctor.
    mommy2006

Answer by mommy2006 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• The earliest a baby will ever truly try to walk is about 5 months (atleast, that's the earliest it is recorded), at 3 months it is just a reflex.. and it's not crankiness on my part.. just the truth.. them picking their legs up one after another is interesting and they CAN often support some weight.. but it's not trying to walk. It's a reflex.

Talking in full sentences really early is often parroting and not true understanding. It's why grammar will change from correct grammar to incorrect grammar. The difference between parrot and understand.

Why tummy sleep at all ? I hope you are watching very closely and only allowing it while you're awake and can watch.

Tummy time is to be encouraged, not forced. Some babies love it. Others hate it. Eventually your baby will like it but it's not necessary for them to accomplish milestones at a steady progressive rate. My son hated it and he is fine developmentally.
    Anonymous

• Tummy time isn't just about holding up his head, it's about strengthening the whole upper body--arms, back, etc. As one PP said, if you lay on your back and put him tummy to tummy with you, I bet he'd enjoy it more. My son hated it at first but I would get down and lay next to him, or play with him and he started to enjoy it a lot more.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Um...sorry. Some children can absolutely hold a true conversation at 12-18 months. My son was one of those kids. And no, not parroting. LOL Geeze. I have him on film and have witnesses. In fact, my friend was super pissed because her child said nothing..and mine said, Mom I'm hungry, I want a peanut butter sandwich. So, yeah. Some children are blessed with early speech.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I said OFTEN parroting. Get it now?
    Anonymous